Installing This Add-in Inside Excel
The Tickmark Excel add-in installs just like any normal Excel add-in (.xlam) file. If this is your first time installing an Excel add-in you can view step-by-step instructions on how to get the file setup in this instructional post:
Entering Your License Code
- Click the Settings Dialog Launcher button
- Select the Key icon near the top right of the Settings Userform
- Enter in the License Code provided to you via your download email
- Read the End User License Agreement and click the I Accept & Activate button
Receiving Future Updated Versions
There may be future update releases of the Tickmark add-in with bug fixes or additional features. These updated files will be sent with the default preset settings. Do not worry though, as there is a way to recover your last saved settings. Follow these steps immediately after opening the updated version of the myBrand add-in for the first time.
- Immediately open your Investigate Settings by clicking the Investigate Settings Dialog Launcher
- Click the Recovery button in the upper left-hand corner of the userform (you should then see your previous settings appear)
- In order for your settings to be saved you must then click the Save & Close button
- You will need to do this same process for the Add Tick Settings as well
Does Your "Tickmark Tab" Keep Disappearing?
Due to a security update released by Microsoft in July 2016, add-in files you download from the internet are "blocked" by default. To unblock the file or create a "safe" folder location for your add-ins, please read my article to keep your add-ins showing in your PowerPoint Ribbon (it's a pain, but is fast and easy to do!).