Customized Shortcuts For Every Paste Special Combination!
Paste Buddy is a genius pasting Microsoft Excel add-in created by Excel MVP Jon Acampora of Excel Campus. What the application does is let YOU select shortcut key combinations to do any Paste Special combination you can think of. Best of all, unlike macro coding, you can undo your pasting! This add-in is extremely simple and super fast. It's a must have for any Excel power user!!
Save Key Strokes
Pasting is probably the functionality I use most often in Excel and that means any efficiency I can use with pasting will add to my daily productivity (this also correlates with my boss's happiness!). The great thing about Paste Buddy is you can customize the pasting shortcuts to whatever is most comfortable for you. Paste Buddy also forces you to use Ctrl + Shift in your shortcut routine so there is no chance of you accidentally overriding a default Excel shortcut. The below figures show you why Paste Buddy shortcuts are more efficient and also gives you a sneak peek at the application itself.
Maintain Undo History
Unlike customized VBA macros, Paste Buddy allows you to undo it's functionality. This is possible because it's code is executing the PasteSpecial shortcut keys instead of a VBA command. This is a vital feature and is what sold me on this add-in in the first place! I can't tell you how many times I've created PasteSpecial macros and accidentally run them on the wrong cell range! I have literally ruined hours of Excel work in a split second (I also have a bad habit of not saving.....I need to work on that). Paste Buddy's undo functionality has already saved my butt numerous times and I am ever in it's debt!
Watch Me Take Paste Buddy For A Test Drive!
Is This A Perfect App?
As I'm sure you know, no software application is perfect. After a couple months of using Paste Buddy while very minor, there are a couple drawbacks I would like point out.
- Beware of your Personal Macro Shortcuts - If you are a heavy personal macro shortcut user you will need to watch out for duplicating your keyboard shortcuts. Paste Buddy will always take precedence over any user-defined macro shortcut. This is actually good because you can undo Paste Buddy's functionality, however it may cause confusion if you are trying to run a macro and Excel keeps pasting data instead. It is just something you need to keep in mind while working with this add-in.
- Possible Delays - There are sometime when I am running Paste Buddy on an older computer that the first time I try to run a shortcut command it doesn't process the action (usually ending up typing ESV in a cell). From there on it will run properly for the entirety of the Excel session. Now on my newer computers, I do not have this problem at all. For those who do have this problem, try tweaking the Paste Buddy options to allow for a longer delay time between the hotkey commands. This will tell Paste Buddy to execute it's functionality a little slower so you computer has enough time to process the commands.
Both of these issues are very minor and should not steer you away from using this add-in. They are just issues you should be aware of so you can better manage the add-in's functionality.
What Are All The Features?
- 12 Keyboard Shortcuts – Create up to 12 custom keyboard shortcuts for any of paste special commands. This includes the Operation commands like Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Transpose, and Skip Blanks.
- Adapts to Change - Nothing is permanent with Paste Buddy. You can change the shortcut keys and their associated paste special commands at any time. You can setup Ctrl+Shift+V to paste values. If you don’t like it, then you can easily change it to Ctrl+Shift+X. Try different keys until you find the one that works the best for you.
- Combine Commands – You can setup keyboard shortcuts that combine the paste commands and operations. For example, you can have a shortcut that pastesFormulas and Adds at the same time. Or you could have a shortcut that paste values and transposes at the same time. The possibilities are endless.
- Set It and Forget It – Paste Buddy remembers your shortcut keys. So next time you open Excel, your shortcut keys will be enabled. You don’t have to do anything to activate Paste Buddy. He is there waiting for your call.
- Printable Key List – Pressing the “Key List” button in the Paste Buddy window will automatically create a list of your shortcut keys in a new Excel workbook. It is formatted for printing, so you can print your list and put it on your desk for reference. This helps you learn and remember your new shortcuts.
- Compatibility – Paste Buddy works with Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013 for Windows.
- Improved by You – Have a suggestion to make Paste Buddy better? Let me know and I will do my best to update Paste Buddy with your requests.
- Support – Paste Buddy comes with a user guide and instructional video to help get you started. It is very easy to use.
90 Day Money-Back Guarantee
Jon has such a strong feeling that you will love his Excel Add-in that he offers a 90 day money back guarantee. This is a "No Questions Asked" guarantee and you can't get much better than that! So what are you waiting for? Click one of the links below and team up with the Paste Buddy!